Antaeus Wealth Advisors offers customized strategies to meet the unique investment objectives of each client.
Our Investment Philosophy
Discipline vs. Emotion. A central role in our firm's investment process is the deep-rooted belief that making investment decisions based on emotion can be harmful to building wealth. To foster a disciplined approach, especially during turbulent times when emotions may run high, Antaeus' team provides education, personalized support, and regular communication to clients.
Risk vs. Return. We believe that it is critical to utilize a risk-driven approach, as opposed to just a return-driven one, to minimize the likelihood of permanent capital impairment. Put simply, our clients must survive when markets crater or when black swans occur. Antaeus seeks fundamental diversification among multiple asset classes, including alternative investments that tend to provide different return paths than those of publicly traded stocks and bonds. We believe that clients are far more likely to stay invested, through strong markets and weak ones, when proper risk management is implemented.
Pre-tax vs. After-tax. After-tax returns are more important than pre-tax returns. Antaeus' investment approach takes taxes into consideration, and is one geared toward maximizing after-tax returns while maintaining a level of risk that a client is comfortable accepting.
Expenses Matter! We focus on our clients' net returns - not their gross (i.e. before expenses) returns. The cost of holding an underlying investment has a direct impact on actual returns and is an important consideration in portfolio construction. While expenses are not the only factor affecting investment success, Antaeus strives to avoid unnecessary investment expenses for clients.
How to Get Started
- Identify your goals, timeframe for meeting those goals and risk tolerance.
- Once we understand your circumstances, goals and risk tolerance, we will design a customized portfolio for you.
- We will help you open accounts and consolidate your portfolio.
- We monitor the capital markets and clients’ portfolios daily, and proactively make changes when appropriate.
- Our team is always available to you: whether for a formal review meeting, answering a quick question, or helping you sort through more complex financial puzzles.